Tuesday, February 12, 2013

TOP TEN FILMS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2013

Well, it is the second month of the year, and I haven’t seen any new releases, and nothing came out until last Friday that I had any interest in seeing (“Warm Bodies”.) So I’ve just been catching up on 2012. But there will be things coming out that I’m excited about, even more than the Valentine “Die Hard”. So here’s the Top Ten of Films I’m looking forward to in 2013:

10) “Much Ado About Nothing” – Sure, I liked Kenneth Branagh’s version, but this is directed by Joss Whedon. And I simply see all things Whedon. Bonus: No Keanu Reeves in this one.

9) “Iron Man 3” – Yeah, the second one was no great shakes, but this one was written by Shane Black (“Lethal Weapon” fame) so it shouldn’t be dull.

8) “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” – I really like James Thurber’s original story. The only question is whether this film will give us the “Tropic Thunder” Ben Stiller (excellent), the “Dodgeball” B.S. (okay) or the “Night in the Museum II” variety (yuck.)

7) “Trance” written and directed by Danny Boyle, sounds like his “Shallow Grave” which I’m okay with.

6) “The Grand Budapest Hotel” by Wes Anderson. Anderson was responsible for my favorite movie of last year (“Moonrise Kingdom”), so this should be worth a look.

5) “Ender’s Game” – Could Harrison Ford finally be in a decent film again? If they’re faithful enough to the novel, he could be.

4) “Her” from the bizarre mind of Spike Jones’ a man a little too dependent on his operating system.

3) “Nebraska” – Alexander Payne is back in the Midwest where he made his excellent “About Schmitt” and bonus points for bringing back Bruce Dern.

2) “Star Trek: Into Darkness” – I had great doubts about Abrams’ ST, but he won me over. This time with the modern Sherlock Holmes.

1) “Inside Llewyn David” – Coen Brothers is all I need to know.

No comments: