Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Is it Fair to Say Some Robin Williams Air Time Should Go to Queragosh?



I really liked Robin Williams. I admired a lot of his work. I met him a couple of times and he seemed like a genuinely decent guy. So I don’t mean any disrespect to the man or his wife or children. But…the President and Secretary of Defense were quick to put out statements honoring Williams’ art and work for the troops. That’s appropriate. I watched a bit of ABC National News last night (a rare thing) and they gave a lot of time to Williams’ death and life. That’s okay, his death had quite an impact as I can see when I look at my Facebook pages. I just wonder how many people know about ISIS taking the city of Queragosh in Iraq and how they are killing Christians; there are reports of ISIS beheading children. I don’t know how you strike a balance about such things, between celebrity news (that is genuine news) and horrific world events. I just didn’t hear the folks at ABC mention Queragosh. Or the President either.

No comments: