Friday, June 1, 2012

Pentecost Skit

Surfer with Christian 1 Scrapbooker with Christian 2 Diner chef with Christian 3 Narrator **************************************************************************************** Narrator: In Acts 2 we read, “Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven.” And each spoke with a different tongue. *************************************************************************************** Surfer (looking distressed): Dude, that was such a diddy-mow! I’m a flounder, just foobar, like a frube! Nacho! Kiff? Like kiff should I do? Christian 1 looks puzzled (Translation on screen: I took a huge hit and fell badly. I’m drifting and nothing’s going right. I’ve really messed up! What? What should I do?) **************************************************************************************** Scrapbooker: My heritage is lignin covered! I’d like to trim the aberrations and erratum, but mere embellishments can’t cover the muffs. Christian 2 looks puzzled (Translation on screen: My life has turned dark! I’d like to rid my life of my sin, but I know I can’t cover my transgressions.) ***************************************************************************************** Diner chef: You know, I thought life would be easy as Eve With a Lid On. But I’ve made my life into a Yesterday, Today and Forever! I’m in the weeds! Christian 3 looks puzzled (Translation on screen: I thought life would be easy as pie, but I’ve made a hash of it. I can’t keep up.) ****************************************************************************************** Narrator: Also from Acts 2, “When the day of Pentecost came, Jesus’ followers were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where the disciples were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.” And the visitors from other nations heard their own languages spoken to them. Christian 1 to Surfer: Jesus is the Big Kahuna! He’ll make your ride glassy and clean! (Translation on screen: Jesus is the best and He can change your life for the better!) Surfer: Most excellent! Jesus will be my Brosiah! (Translation on screen: Wonderful! Jesus will be my Messiah!) ******************************************************************************************** Christian 2 to Scrapbooker: Jesus can be an eyelet in your journal. He can trim and punch the muffs from your life. Join his LSS! (Translation on screen: Jesus can bring security and stability to your life and cleanse you of sin. Be a part of His fellowship [Local Scrapbooking Store]) Scrapbooker: I want to be a part of God’s crop night! (Translation on screen: I want to be a part of God’s party!) *********************************************************************************************** Christian 3 to Diner Chef: Jesus said he is living Adam’s Ale and that He will be our B. & B.! You are to be His Sea Dust! (Translation on screen: Jesus said He is living water and our bread [and butter]. He calls you to be salt.) Diner chef: Order up! (Translation on screen: I’m ready.) ***********************************************************************************************8 Narrator: So what language do you need to learn? Whatever it is, the Holy Spirit can teach it to you!

No comments: